Job Title: Design Director
Job ID#: 1867
As a Design Director at this 100+ plus digital transformation agency that is growing and retaining all of their people, you will be responsible for setting the vision on your projects, executing on that vision with the help of your team, and creating an environment where designers have what they need to be successful and make the best work of their careers.
You will spend a portion of their time on client design work, reserving the rest of their week to supporting their team. We build this model into how we staff projects to ensure that directors balance design work and leadership.
- Lead the product design process on one of our larger accounts, guiding the team, setting the vision, and being the creative point of contact with the client.
- Take part in developing the visual language, infusing the brand voice into the product experience and interface.
- Perform research to inform your design decisions and product direction, sometimes working with research teams to help find insights.
- Delegate design tasks to appropriate designers on your team based on skill level and availability
- Advocate for design, speaking to the value of user research, design systems, and design as a strategic differentiator.
- Foster relationships with client stakeholders acting as their creative partners on their projects.
- Support your team by promoting a space where designers can learn, grow, be empowered, and make the best work of their careers.
- Lead positive change on the team, improving processes and proposing new initiatives that make the creative team more successful.
- Develop growth plans with designers, and help them track their progress as they improve throughout the year (annual, mid-year, and monthly check-ins)
- Recruit and participate in the hiring of new designers to your team
- You’ve been working on digital products for 7+ years, with some of that time spent managing other designers.
- A portfolio that shows your mastery of design— typography, composition, and color, as well as your product design process.
- You’ve shipped and launched several products either at an agency or as part of a product company.
- You’re an excellent communicator, confident in presenting your solutions and process internally and to clients.
- Experience with (and an affinity for) Figma.
- You know what’s possible to build on the web and what might be more difficult (and occasionally build some things yourself).
- You care about designing accessible experiences for all users (and creating that help)
Even if you don’t hit 100% of these qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We can work with you to help build some of these skills over time.