Job Title: Contract To Hire Product Marketing Manager (Pharmaceutical)
Job ID#: 1881
Our client, a well known pharmaceutical company, has an immediate need for an experienced Product Manager or SR Product Manager.
The SR/Product Manager contributes to the strategic development and brand planning process for the company’s branded portfolio. The incumbent is responsible for tactical execution of the brands’ personal and non-personal promotion to providers, patients, and caregivers within the therapeutic area. She/he also works on launching new indications and products of branded products in the pipeline, as appropriate.
• Successfully supports promotional campaigns and project management initiatives by developing and implementing promotional projects within budget and timelines; Initiates tactics and sales materials in line with overall brand objectives; Aligns creative execution and messaging with brand strategy; Manages production and fulfillment of promotional projects within tight time-lines; Effectively measures success of brand strategy and tactics
• Actively participates in the brand planning process and the development of the brand tactical plan including but not limited to: making necessary changes to align with brand strategy, providing insight and input into brand strategies, ensuring flawless execution of plans, providing input into media planning, evaluating personal and non-personal channels to effectively reach the target market.
• Participates and contributes to all aspects of launch planning and execution of new products, indications, and dosage forms including but not limited to: developing plans to penetrate new markets, leading cross-functional planning teams to ensure alignment with strategy and tactics as well as timely development and execution, etc.
• Develops field communications regarding promotional materials and campaigns and functions as a primary contact for field sales force regarding marketing questions and concerns; Leads key initiatives and provide insight to training for field workshops
• Acts as primary contact for third party vendors to ensure projects are delivered within specifications; Participates in the vendor selection process for assigned projects, reviews proposals and ensures contract negotiation; Works within the promotional review process for internal approval and execution of contracts
• Responsible for brand budget management and reconciliation process including negotiation and management of open purchase orders; Tracks specific projects budget reconciliation process
• Collaborates closely with the legal, medical, and regulatory team through the development of materials and through the Promotional Review Process (PRC); Interacts with PRC team to resolve open items and reach consensus
• Supports competitive intelligence initiatives by monitoring marketplace and ensuring the team is up-to-date on competitive activity as well as events within therapeutic space
Bachelors degree in a business, scientific or related field AND minimum 2 years brand or product marketing experience the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry. Job title and level determination will be commensurate with experience.
Special knowledge or skills needed and/or licenses or certificates required
• Demonstrated experience in driving marketing strategy and market development program initiatives
• Experience working on multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs through multiple stages including concept, implementation, execution
• Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with commercial and non-commercial teams and flawlessly execute tactics
• Experience working with, and/or managing, outside vendors
• Strong understanding of budget management
• Current working knowledge of the pharmaceutical Legal, Medical, Regulatory review process
• Excellent working knowledge and experience with marketing strategy and product positioning.