The overall purpose of this position is to manage and implement marketing plans to help drive sales of existing and newly launched products to the corporate sector and new markets. The position’s core responsibility is marketing new and existing products and coordinating all marketing activities with the Product Mgmt/Product Development team, Sales team, Creative Design, External Advertising & PR Agencies, and Internal Product Mktg teams.
This position will be a key player within a dynamic product marketing team. This position is critical to the continued growth of our sales and revenue. This position is located in Piscataway, NJ and reports directly to the Senior Marketing Manager – Corporate Sector and Strategic Products.
This position is full-time, with a possibility of hybrid remote work arrangements (telecommuting multiple days a week).
Essential Functions: (70%)
- Develop marketing plans and strategy along with the Sr Marketing Manager Corporate Sector, manage multiple activities to help generate awareness, interest and sales leads for new products from multiple channels and support the efforts of the sales team.
- Manage a wide range of marketing projects with all internal and external teams to support existing and newly launched products. Examples of day-to-day projects include promotional copywriting, content creation, communicating with sales team and customers, selecting advertising vehicles for key markets and placement, coordination of email campaigns and PR efforts, web maintenance, event planning and development of custom proposals and sales/marketing collateral.
- Work very closely with Product Management and partners to ensure all product information is current and solicit direction from SMEs to ensure messaging is on target for all markets as products continue to evolve.
- Create innovative marketing campaigns to target prospects including messaging, calls to action, necessary landing pages, etc.
- Work closely with the sales team and trainers to ensure they have sufficient marketing support and materials to support sales efforts.
- Manages communication channels to deliver relevant product news via emails, blogs, newsletters, social media, etc
- Develop, implement, track, and optimize digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels-web, SEO/SEM, PPC, email, social media, and display advertising
- Coordinate special events to promote the products.
- Manage and attend conferences and tradeshows to promote the products and gain insight into market dynamics, research and education trends and competitive activity
- Update product websites with latest product news and information.
- Ensure all collateral, messaging, and websites for the programs are aligned.
- Development and maintain baseline and custom PowerPoint presentations, sales proposals and sales/marketing collateral to assist account managers in communicating the value of the products.
- This position will need to constantly monitor, review, and report on the results of such campaigns and make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs to increase the return on investment.
- Coordinate with various marketing & PR firms, vendors and agencies, partners
Secondary responsibilities (30%)
- Performs data entry in our CRM database and develops campaign lists as needed
- Manages creative collateral or electronic and promotional vehicles as needed.
- Assists as needed for support of numerous marketing campaigns including copywriting and proofreading for development of marketing materials
- Develops proficiency with company reporting tools and business systems (Salesforce.com, Marketing Automation tools, Email marketing tools, CMS, Web Analytics, Enterprise system reports)
- Promotional website maintenance
- Ad hoc projects as needed
Education and Experience: Ideal candidate will have a Bachelors degree in a marketing or other business related field required.
- Approx 4-7 yrs experience developing skills outlined above required
- Experience with email marketing campaigns and digital marketing required
- Strong writing and proofreading skills for marketing copy required
- Experience coordinating projects with multiple operating units a plus.
- Experience with CRM Software preferred
- Social media marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Experience working with a sales team helpful