Job Title: UX/UI Designer – Remote – $135 to $145k DOE – IT Consulting Firm
Job ID#: 1868
We are looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to create user-centered product solutions based on user and business insights for our client partners. The ideal candidate should have strong problem-solving skills, develop experience strategies, lead and mentor other designers assigned to the project, and ability to communicate ideas both verbally and visually.
Role and responsibilities
- Collaborating with product owners, data science, and engineering to define and implement customer-centric solutions from concept development to launch
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Design UI interfaces for responsive websites, apps, and other digital products
- Generate mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Develop or extend client design systems, guidelines, and resources
- Be actively involved in user research sessions and be able to conduct design sprint workshops with stakeholders and non-designer colleagues.
- Present and defend designs and milestone deliverables to client stakeholders and development teams
- Research both interaction design and technology trends, establishing new standards and evolve existing standards for User Experience design process and deliverables.
- Promote and contribute to UX/UI best practices, processes, and methodologies.
Technical skills requirements:
- 3-6 years of experience with UX/UI design, ideally in either a consultancy or large enterprise.
- Proven experience w orking with cross-functional teams (e.g. UI developers and Back-end Engineering)
- Up-to-date with the latest UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Advanced knowledge in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps, prototypes (e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, and InVision)
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Previous experience working on B2B, B2C, B2B2C eCommerce and/or data visualization is a huge plus
- BS/MS in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or relevant field
- Link to an online portfolio or ability to present work samples that clearly demonstrates the above
- Good communication skills
- 8 to 10 years of work experience in systems or application development
- B.Tech/B.E/M.Tech or MCA degree from a reputed university. Computer science background is preferred.